Tuesday 21 June 2016

Zipper Pouch, Embroidered Toiletry Bag


Zipper pouch and sweet 'Ollie' embroidery




Zipper pouch, zipper pouch
I am in love with these and I can't really realize that I have never made one before, yes I have made plenty of bags but not these sweet ones.
I had seen a few, well quite a few on Instagram and thought I really need to make one as a travel kit for my embroidery, I like to have something to do even when I'm far away. 
These little ones are my practice ones, for baby's toiletries [Grandbabies] but I'm in love with the blue one and it's staying with me!!    Ollie's Washing day embroidery pattern is available on my Etsy shop.




Now I did quite a bit of digging to see how they were put together and found two very good tutorials which I used as a basis for mine.

Sewing Chick you nailed with all the zip detail I followed this to a tee.
Craftster This was so good explaining the simple way of constructing this lined bag. 




This is my version of a little Toiletry Bag [zipper pouch]

My finished bag is 9.5''  wide and it sits about 8.5'' high
I cut two front borders 3'' x 9.5'' 
My Linen embroidered border 5.5'' x 9.5''
the back and 2 lining pieces 10'' length x 9.5'' width
All pieces are backed with fusible interfacing. 
8'' or 20cm zip, cotton lace and contrasting trim [just a folded fabric strip]


The front is made by joining the three borders, I did a seam just over quarter inch and inserted the lovely cotton lace between the top border and the linen. The contrasting fabric trim was inserted between the linen and the bottom border. SEE PHOTOS 


When you have finished piecing the front, press well and you may need to trim the front to match the back.
 Follow Sewing chick zip instructions and then the putting together from Craftster



I'm a detail person and a lover of fabric, these two have turned out so well all lined with coordinating fabric, too good to use!!!



So there you have it, wonderful, I wanted to showcase my embroidered rabbit and I had gorgeous fabric to use.
I have been embroidering in the evenings this last month and perfecting a few of my own designs some of which I have for sale in my shop.




These are really helpful videos for









                                              Glenis







2 comments:

  1. beautiful work, what an inspiration you are

    ReplyDelete
  2. This article is very good. I like it.Interesting post. Thanks for posting this.Please share more information.
    small smell proof case

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...